Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am a Right Wing Conservative American

Dear America,

As you read this blog, many of you will no doubt ask yourself, who is this person anyway? So to save you some time I will paint you a picture of this right wing conservative.

1) I am a proud American. I love my country and will not apologize for my belief that it is the best country in the world. That is not to say that there are not other good countries out there, but rather to say that I think mine is the best. If I did not believe that, I would have left this country and I think that anyone who does not agree with that statement should either be working to make America better or leaving it.

2) I am a Christian. Some would say that this is the wrong way to lead off introducing myself, but I would disagree. This country was built on Judeo-Christian Values and those values are the same values of conservatives in America today. This is not to say that my religion controls my political beliefs, but rather to point out a very important facet of my life. Since I am a Christian, you will rarely if ever see me support something that is in conflict with those beliefs. Though there are liberals out there who will use and twist religion to try and garner support for their policies, you will find that Christian beliefs by far support Conservative Values.

3) I am a happily married man with children. My children and their future are extremely important to me. I want to see them have a life that is as good as or better than the life I have lived. As such, I see it as my duty to take a stand for what is good in America and ensure that the liberals of this country do not destroy the things that have made this country so great.

4) I am the great-grandson of immigrants, I am proud of my heritage and I am proud of my great-grandfather who came to America seeking a better life for himself and his family. He came to America through Ellis Island. He learned English. He worked hard and raised wonderful children who he taught to love and respect their heritage, but to love and respect their Country (America) more. As such his son would later proudly serve in the Army during WWII. My great-grandfather lived as an example to me in my youth of what a real man should be. He taught me to love my country, work hard for my family, and to always live as God would have us live. His life also heavily influences my stance on immigration.

5) I have spent time in the Army and have deployed in support of this great nation. I believe that those who serve/have served in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard are the sons and daughters of America and should be honored as such. It is hard to find a person who serves today who has not been deployed at least once, if not multiple times. These Service members/Veterans have put their lives on the line for this great country and for our freedom time and time again we should remember their sacrifices and give them utmost respect for what they have done and are continuing to do.

6) I am not old enough to claim social security and young enough to worry/know it will not be there for me unless something drastic is done. Other than that my age is not important to this blog.

7) My political affiliation is not as important to me as my political beliefs. I will vote for the candidate that best espouses these beliefs. Unfortunately, that sometimes means choosing between the lesser of the two evils. However, it may also mean voting for a third party candidate (a controversial topic to say the least). I believe that the political line between parties has blurred and good men and women need to take a stand for what they believe rather than trying to appease the most people.
Finally, I will end answering a question I am sure many of you are thinking. Why do you not specifically say who you are? The long answer is complicated. The short answer though is that in the end, it is not important. All that truly matter is that I am an American…I am a Right Wing Conservative American.

No comments:

Post a Comment